What Happens in Cancerous Patients?
Cells in the body have a complex mechanism that controls their growth, maturity and reproduction. Cancer develops when cells in one part of the body begin to grow at a different pace, in a pattern that gets out of control. They are referred as abnormal cells.
Medical specialists and professionals who practice oncology are called oncologists or cancer specialists. They are able to diagnose the stage of the cancer and assess its nature.
The experience of doctors and all other medical staff in India is superb. Many doctors were trained abroad or have had the experience of working overseas but also doctors who were trained in India have high standards and meet the standards of North American and European doctors.
Our Oncologists support and accompany the patient from the diagnosis to the follow up care.
Your Doctor will also explain the diagnosis to the you – where the cancer is located and what life functions it is affecting. He will discuss the best treatment options and recommend the most suitable.
You will also be guided on how to maintain a pain-free quality lifestyle.
Cancer Treatment Types
There are several ways to treat a tumor, all of which are available in India.
- Radiation oncology – treats cancer with radiation.
- Medical oncology – will oversee general care and coordinate treatment with other mentioned specialists and perform regular checkups.
- Surgical oncology – it is the surgeon with specialized training to diagnose through biopsy, remove tumors and cancerous tissue.
- Chemotherapy – uses drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Targeted therapy – blocks the growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy or biologic therapy- boosts body’s natural defenses against cancer.